– Violinist and composer, born in Homs, Syria 1982, living and working in Belgium. Studied classical violin in Damascus conservatory, violin class of professor Evgueny Loguenov.
– Composed music to be played by several orchestras over the world: WDR Radio Orchestra, SEPO, EPO, The National Syrian Arabic Orchestra, Violet and others.
– Trained as a classical musician, with his background of Arabic music, Shalan masters both genres playing and composing. Elements of variety of musical styles are unmistakably recognized in his compositions . Shalan also wrote and arranged music for a plenty of ensembles, singers, films and TV shows.
– Plays with Damast Duo, GFVP (Gent Folk Violin Project), Olla vogala, and EPO (Expat Philharmonic Orchestra).
– Experienced in teaching Arabic music to Western musicians. Shalan is conducting two classes for Arabic violin in Brussels and Gent, and giving regularly workshops and lectures about Arabic music inside and outside Belgium.
– Former member of: The Syrian National Symphony Orchestra, The National Orchestra of Arabic Music and Damascus Chamber Orchestra.
– Former instructor of violin and chamber music in the music college, Albaath University, Homs, and in Solhi Alwadi music school, Damascus.
– Bachelor in Pharmacy and pharmaceutical chemistry from the Damascus University (2006).